2009-01-25

gtk-chtheme

[img]

Gtk+ 2.0 Change Theme

I finally found the application I've been looking for to change the application fonts and colors in Mozilla Firefox.

I finally found this after letting KDE languish for a bit while I tried out a more recent version of the GNOME desktop environment. Note that I have been working at phasing out KDE in favor of the seemingly leaner, less resource-intensive GNOME.

Unfortunately, the problems have proven to be deeper than expected...

This blog post is yet another attempt to [re]post a post that has gotten lost a couple times now. I was using the GNOME Blogging widget to awhile ago when the entire machine [laptop] shut down unexpectedly for the 2nd time in an hour. I am still uncertain what caused it [the shutdown], but am currently running under KDE again - it's what came up when I selected the OpenSuSE "Failsafe" option in the GRUB menu.

The system is cruising along under KDE without noticeable system overload [yet - note that I am not currently running e.g. ACPI] and I'm concerned that there may have been some sort of truly evil device contention or kernel problems with Gtk/GNOME et al.

In any case, all that casts a bit of a cloud over what I had hoped would be Good News, so I'm just even very interested in tracking down that paint chip icon that I thought was so cool.

Also, note that the gtk-chtheme app does not look the same under KDE as it does under GNOME - where is the "Customize" option?