2007-07-18

Blogger.com Dashboard Crashes Konqueror

Well, the Dashboard page at blogger.com seems to have killed Konqueror web browser under KNOPPIX. Konqueror crashed first while I was trying to post about the spell-checker problems that exist in Konqueror under the KNOPPIX LiveCD distro - at that point I was logged in to blogger.com - then it crashed again when I re-ran Konqueror and tried to log in to the blogger.com dashboard. Both times it gave the DrKonqi crash-handler screen.

Now, after I created a persistent installation of Firefox 2.0.0.5 and ran it to make this post, I find (while trying to run Konqueror to get the version number to use in this post) that Konqueror won't run at all [from the toolbar button, at least - haven't tried any other approaches, yet]; it shows the bouncing "wait" cursor for about 15 or so seconds, then just dies silently.

This is Knoppix 5.0.x - I don't have the version number to-hand, but I may be able to post it later. I see that Knoppix 5.2 is released, so the problem may be solved by burning a new LiveCD. Note, however, that the version of K3B that shipped with this version of KNOPPIX does not work - or at least, it doesn't work on this computer, so the burning of a new CD is problematic, right now.