2007-05-17

multi-select tag search tool, the general case for a

I've been using "tags" and software applications that utilize and/or perform "tagging" operations for some time now, and while I am not an expert in the theory of operations concerning why we should all use tagging rather than the folder model of organization of information (I use both, and have caught myself trying to use both together), but I do have an observation having watched and done a certain amount of analysis of how I myself use tagging. That observation is this: I really, really want a tag search that will let me specificy multiple tags, rate on tag hits, and not include "keyword text searches" unless I specifically request it as a seperate function.

That's all. I know, I know: I'll have to build it myself. *sigh*